Wi-Fi technology is improving each year in the past few years, but it’s not that one AP can be perfect for all requirements, especially when it comes to your business. Large office spaces with heavy traffic typically utilize Wi-Fi access points, while small offices with limited users are more likely to have Wi-Fi routers and range extenders. We know that range extenders are affordable devices mostly used for home segment but not so fruitful for offices. The simple reason being they can only support a limited number of devices at one time, usually not more than 20. While range extenders do increase the coverage of a Wi-Fi router, they do not increase its available bandwidth. Depending on the number of devices we connect simultaneously, a range extender could end up weighing down your connection.
APs, on the other hand, can handle over 60 simultaneous connections each. By installing access points throughout an office, users can roam freely within large spaces inside without experiencing network interruptions. As they move, their devices shift seamlessly from one AP to the next without dropping the connection—they won’t even realize they’re switching between networks.
- IP67 compliant, Lightning and Overvoltage Protection, can withstand high speed winds/thunderstorms
- Supported POE and POE+ i.e. IEEE 802.af/at
- WAN Port : 1x 10/100/1000 Base-T RJ-45 Port
- Operating Temperature : -20 to 65 degree Celsius
- Supports Rouge AP Detection, WIDS, Self-healing & Optimization
- Can be deployed in following environment.
- Outdoor Hotspot
- Point to Point
- Point to Multipoint
- Supported Dual Band (2.4GHz & 5 GHz) Radio for concurrent operation
- Support Port Authentication (802.1x) , Encryption(802.11i) , VLAN, QOS, WMM & WDS
- Support Audio Indication for the different stages like power up, booting and Ready Stage
- FCAPS through EMS (SNMP Based)
- WAP having feature of Remote Upgradation
- Supported RADIUS Protocol for eternal AAA Server
- Support Dual Internal Omni Antenna for 360 degree coverage
When there are employees and guests connecting with their own desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets, 20 devices on a wireless network adds up quickly. At 60 simultaneous connections each, access points give you the freedom to scale the number of devices supported on your network. But that’s only one of the advantages of using these network enhancers more being:
- Our AlphaMax business-grade WAPs can be installed anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable compatible with Power over Ethernet Plus, or PoE+ (a combination Ethernet and power cord), so there is no need to run a separate power line or install an outlet near our WAP.
- Additional standard features include Captive Portal and Access Control List (ACL) support, so one can limit access to a group without compromising network security, as well as easily manage users within the Wi-Fi network.
- AlphaMax APs include a Clustering feature—a single point from which the IT administrator can view, deploy, configure, and secure a Wi-Fi network as a single entity rather than a series of separate access point configurations.
Alpha MAX C-DOT Wireless Access Point
- AlphaMax C-DOT Wireless Access Point is a cost effective, high throughput, exceptionally reliable & modular.
- Indigenously developed wireless solution for outdoor use cases such as Public Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- The AP complies to IEEE 802.11ac standard & is backward compatible to IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standards.
- The WAP supports concurrent operation in dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
- It supports 2X2 MIMO and 20, 40 & 80 MHz channel bandwidths.
- It is First Make In India PM-WANI* Complied Product